Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Butterflies (not the good kind)

Today is the day I have been nervous about all last week and this week. Today is the day that my son begins his trial days at his new school. The school he attends now is a place he loves going to. It was a school that took him a long time to adjust to but that he grew to love. Here in Volusia County, Florida they have two locations of his school Bright Beginnings Academy. He has been at the South Daytona location but is transferring to the Ormond Beach location which is much closer to where we live. We wanted to allow Jacob a few trial days just to test the waters before his actual start date on Monday. Abigail is transferring too of course but babies are much easier to transfer than 2an a half year old. My husband did tell me that I was in "freak out mode" and I knew he was right. I could feel those butterflies in my belly and not the good (hearts in your eyes)kind. I guess a mom naturally just fears and dreads that feeling of change for herself and for her child. I was really loving that in Jacob's class he had learned all of his friends names and could talk to me about them. New school means new friends, new teachers, and lots of new things for him to explore. The new school is much bigger and is more education based allowing him to prepare in many ways for Pre-K. I cant believe I'm already talking about Pre-K but he is turning 3 in just 3 short months. I am excited for the change too. This change means they will be much closer to my new job. And by much closer I mean 3 minutes! I can go check on them on my lunch break if needed and will overall be more convenient. Albert and I will both save on gas money and most importantly it will save time. I will have more time in the evenings playing with them before bedtime. When you only have a few short hours at night before they start to wind down -EVERY SINGLE MINUTE COUNTS. This picture above is Jacob looking out of his classroom window when he saw my car pull up.

No comments:

Post a Comment